Novalex Limited (“Novalex”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Novalex Limited of Midsummer Court, 314 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes, MK9 2UB.
Information Novalex may collect from you
Novalex may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on http://www.novalex.co.uk (the site) including information provided at the time of registering to use the site, subscribing to Novalex’s services, posting material or requesting further services, information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Novalex and/or when you report a problem with the site.
- If you contact Novalex, a record may be kept of that correspondence.
- Information you provide in response to surveys that Novalex uses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the site and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
Novalex may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Novalex may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help Novalex to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Novalex:
- to estimate audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow customisation of the site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and/or
- to recognise you when you return to the site.
Where Novalex stores your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Novalex will do its best to protect your personal data, Novalex cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once Novalex has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
Novalex uses information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Novalex or which may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out Novalex’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Novalex;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of NovaLex’s service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to Novalex’s service.
Novalex may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and Novalex may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, Novalex will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are not yet a customer, Novalex will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want Novalex to use your data in this way please [tick the relevant box situated on the form on which you provide your data].
Disclosure of your information
Novalex may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that Novalex sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Novalex or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask Novalex not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Novalex will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms Novalex uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Novalex Solictors, Midsummer Court, 314 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2UB email@example.com.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Novalex’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Novalex does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Novalex’s costs in providing you with details of the information held about you.