On 4 November 2019, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport put out a call for evidence as part of its review of cyber security incentives and regulation for 2020. The review aims to:
- identify the barriers which prevent organisations from improving cyber security;
- understand the effectiveness of existing regulations;
- develop a range of policy proposals to address identified gaps.
The closing date for submissions is Friday 20 December 2019, and the questions can be completed online here: http://bit.ly/Novalex010
The Culture, Media and Sport Committee has launched an inquiry into cybersecurity and the protection of personal data online, following a cyberattack on TalkTalk’s website.
The Committee would like to receive views on matters including the following:
- measures that telecoms and internet service providers are putting in place to maintain the security of their customers’ personal data and the level of investment being made to ensure systems remain secure and anticipate future threats;
- adequacy of compensation for consumers affected by security breaches;
- adequacy of current supervisory, regulatory and enforcement regimes; and
- likely future trends in hacking, technology and security.
The deadline for written submissions is 23 November 2015.